How to return a ticket?
Refunds for unused air transportation are made to the owner of the ticket or the authorized person based on a notarized power of attorney, only in the way in which the ticket was paid for - to the same bank card, to the same account, or in cash, according to the fare applicability rules under which it was issued.
Since the itinerary receipt is for informational purposes only and is not a basis, an identity document will be required to receive money for unused air transportation. Refunds for unused air transportation can only be made in the same way as the ticket was paid for.
What are the differences between voluntary and involuntary ticket refunds?
If the refund is initiated by the passenger and for a reason that cannot be justified by the airline, the refund will be considered voluntary. The most common reasons for voluntary returns are:
- Transfer of the date of the trip (business trip);
- Change of plans (decided to go by train, etc.);
- Personal circumstances that interfere with the trip (exam, quarrel with a spouse, illness or funeral of a distant relative).
In case of cancellation of the flight for reasons beyond the control of the passenger, the refund is generally made on the terms of the forced one without levying additional fees and penalties on the side of the airline. Depending on the air carrier, this may be one of the following reasons:
- Failure of the carrier to provide service according to the travel class specified on the ticket;
- Failure of the carrier to make flight connections during a flight delay (the time considered a delay is set by the airline);
- Cancellation or transfer of the flight;
- Change of the route of air transportation by the carrier;
- Lack of seats on the flight;
- Failure of the carrier to make flight connections in the event of single transportation (as part of a single ticket);
- Delay during the airport security check (if no substances and items prohibited for transportation were found and a corresponding certificate was issued);
- Termination of the air carriage contract on the initiative of the carrier (save the cases of violation of the rules of conduct on board of the aircraft by the passenger);
- Death of the passenger or a close relative: spouses, children (including foster children), and parents (unless otherwise specified in the fare applicability rules);
- Illness of the passenger or a member of his family travelling together with him/her on the flight (recognized as a good reason by a small number of airlines; the procedure involves the mandatory provision of supporting documents in the strictest form);
- Refusal of a visa (recognized as a good reason by a small number of airlines; the procedure involves the obligatory provision of the original official refusal on the form of the embassy/consulate with a notarized translation).
All of the cases require additional agreement with the airline and are considered individually. The refund is made only after the airline recognizes it as forced. Please note that according to existing rules, the airline has the right to consider an application for a refund for up to 3 months.
We strongly recommend returning the seats to the booking system and making an appropriate mark in the itinerary receipt before receiving a response to the request to avoid additional deductions if the carrier refuses to recognize the return as forced.
What deductions and penalties are provided for ticket refunds?
Some additional fees will be deducted from each ticket returned depending on the type of the refund.
The amount of deductions of JSC «Abakan Airport» depends only on the type of the refund, but the amount of fees for the return of the airline often depends on how much time is left before the departure of the aircraft. "Significant intervals" are generally 3 days, 24 hours, 12 hours, and 3 hours before departure, but may differ from airline to airline.
In case of untimely cancellation of seats (NO-SHOW situation), your ticket may become non-refundable if it is stipulated by the carrier's rules.
The following fees will be charged for voluntary refunds:
- Agency fee paid when ordering an air ticket;
- TCH tax (RUB 185 per each flight segment);
- Airline fees for the return (if it is established by the fare applicability rules).
- Service fee of JSC «Abakan Airport» for the return (from RUB 500).
Whichever airline you choose, when buying an air ticket, be sure to read the fare applicability rules, including the rules for a ticket refund.
In some cases, the deductions for voluntary refunds are sufficiently high, up to a completely non-refundable fare. In case of involuntary refund, the cost of the used flight segment (or segments) is withheld if the carriage was partially performed.
What documents are required for a ticket refund?
To make a return at the ticket office, the passenger must provide:
- Printed itinerary receipt or order information;
- Passport for which the ticket was issued;
- Bank card (in case of payment by a bank card);
- Notarized power of attorney for the person receiving the money (in case of return to a person other than the person indicated on the ticket);
- Documents confirming the fact of an involuntary return (certificates from medical institutions, itinerary receipts with notes from the carrier's representative, etc.).
According to the rules, the passenger must contact the ticket office him/herself with his/her documents. However, in some cases, the passenger's representative can also do this with the original or a copy of the documents. We recommend checking this possibility in advance at the ticket office.
- We can only return unused segments of the air carriage. For example, if you have already checked in for the flight (at the airport, online, or using mobile check-in) but did not depart, you need to get a confirmation from the airline representative that the reservation system has the corresponding “unused” status of the ticket. Otherwise, we will not be able to initiate the return procedure.
- If the return of the seats was made at another agency or directly at the airport, please ask the cashier not only to put a mark of the return on the itinerary receipt but also to make sure that the reservation system has the corresponding “unused” of the ticket. Otherwise, the return of the seats will be made according to the actual status of the ticket, which may entail additional penalties.
- A request for cancellation of air carriage and a refund can only be accepted from the passenger for whom the refundable ticket was issued, or from a person authorized by the passenger. In the latter case, you should contact a notary to issue an official power of attorney.
How is a ticket purchased on the website https://abakan.aero/ refunded?
Refunds of the tickets are carried out at the ticket offices of JSC «Abakan Airport» upon the personal request of the passenger specified in the ticket. In case of a voluntary return, a fee of RUB 500 will be charged per each flight segment.
Documents required for processing a refund:
1. Application for cancellation of the flight and the refund, certified by the signature of the passenger on the attached form;
2. Copy of the itinerary receipt of the electronic ticket(s);
3. Copy of the order confirmation from the site;
4. Copy of the passport(s) of the passenger(s) indicated on the ticket.
Please note,that if your order has been made for several passengers and there is a need to cancel the flight for only one of them, you must contact the site administrator to cancel the required number of seats. Otherwise, you will return the seats of all passengers at once to the booking system and cancel the order completely. Places cannot be restored.
Documents are accepted from the passenger him/herself, from his/her authorized representative, acting on his/her behalf based on a power of attorney certified by a notary or from the sponsor who paid for the carriage.
Documents can be submitted for consideration in the following ways:
- in person at the sales offices.
After submitting a complete package of documents, you will receive an e-mail letter confirming that your application has been accepted for consideration.
Within 30 days, the refund will be made to your bank card, which was used for the initial sale of the ticket.
Fees for operations "exchange" and "refund" of the ticket purchased on the website https://abakan.aero/:
- service fee of RUB 500 is charged per each flight segment. The agency fees charged on ticket sales are non-refundable, save the cases of involuntary refund.
What documents are required for a ticket exchange?
To perform this operation, the passenger must contact the air ticket office.
To make an exchange at the ticket office, the passenger must provide:
- printed itinerary receipt or order information;
- passport for which the ticket was issued.
According to the rules, the passenger must contact the ticket office himself with his documents. However, in some cases, the passenger's representative can also do this with the original or a copy of the documents. We recommend checking this possibility in advance at the ticket office.
What deductions and penalties are provided for ticket exchange?
Subject to the availability of seats for the flight you are interested in and paying the necessary fees, the exchange will be made on the spot. The fees include:
- Service fee (RUB 500) for the ticket originally issued by the air ticket offices of JSC «Abakan Airport»;
- TCH tax (RUB 185 per each flight segment, levied only when exchanging tickets issued at GDS «Sirena-Travel»);
- Airline fees (if it is established by the fare applicability rules);
- Surcharge up to a more expensive fare (if necessary).
The final payment can be made only at the time of contacting the air ticket office since the availability of air tickets in the booking system is constantly changing.
If the airline provides the opportunity to make an exchange by phone and at the time of the passenger's request there are still seats at the previously selected fare, the exchange can be made without charging additional fees and penalties. This possibility must be checked with the air carrier directly.
- In some cases, the exchange of the ticket is more expensive than returning and buying a new one. We recommend comparing all available options before making a final decision.
- The exchange of any air ticket can be made strictly within one airline: having bought a ticket for the «S7 Airlines» flight, you cannot change it for the «Aeroflot» flight.
- Air ticket exchange must be made according to the fare applicability rules.
- To make an exchange for the flight you are interested in there must be free seats. However, there may be no seats at all, or it may not appear exactly at the fare under which you bought the ticket. If the exchange is allowed only within one fare according to the fare applicability rules, even when free seats are available, it will not be possible to make an exchange.
- Exchange at the air ticket offices is always associated with surcharges. Free exchange is possible only by contacting the airline directly, and as long as the airline provides this service.
How is a ticket purchased on the website https://abakan.aero/ exchanged?
The exchange of air tickets is carried out at the ticket offices of JSC «Abakan Airport» upon the personal request of the passenger specified in the ticket. When exchanging a ticket, a fee of RUB 500 is charged per each flight segment.
When making a payment using bank cards, the customer is redirected from the online store to the payment page of the electronic payment system of CJSC «Transport Clearing House» certified according to the PCI DSS confidential data storage standards. Data transmission is secured using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 3.0 protocol. The exchange of information is carried out via closed networks that have the highest degree of protection and have passed the PCI DSS audit. Collection, processing, and storage of confidential customer data (card details, registration data, etc.) are carried out in a processing center that has a PCI DSS certificate.