The weight of the animals and birds accompanied, including the weight of containers (cages) and food, is not included in the free baggage allowance. The transportation price depends on the total weight. The animal is weighed together with the container. The transportation of animals is paid at the excess baggage office in the check-in hall. Guide dogs are transported without cage free of charge over the free baggage allowance, provided that such a dog has a collar, a muzzle, and a leash.
The passenger must report about the transportation of an animal on board the aircraft at the stage of a ticket purchase. The passenger is allowed to carry no more than two animals at a time. Please contact the consulate of the country of destination for all questions about the import permit of a certain kind and breed of an animal. The passenger must have a certificate issued by a competent government agency and other documents required by the veterinary authorities of any country to, from, or through which the transportation is carried out.
The number of relevant baggage places for animal transportation is different on each aircraft. Please check the transportation conditions in advance: carrier guarantees, transportation standards. Consider the behavior features of your pet. It is allowed to transport animals weighing less than 5 kg in a container in the cabin of the aircraft.
Animals are accepted for carriage on condition that the passenger assumes full responsibility for them. The carrier is not responsible for bodily injury, loss, delay in delivery, illness or death of animals, and refusal to import or transport them through any country or territory.
In the case of animal transportation, we recommend securing a set of documents:
- Veterinary passport Health certificate:
- a) Veterinary certificate form No. 1 that may be issued by any state veterinary clinic for domestic flights.
- b) If the animal is exported abroad, the veterinary control service issues a veterinary certificate form No. 5a, in Russian and in English.
- c) If the animal is imported into the Russian Federation from abroad, then it must have a veterinary certificate of the exporting country, in return for which the airport veterinary control service issues a veterinary certificate form No. 6.1 in Russian.
- Certificate from the club (Russian Kennel Clubs Union or Russian Cynological Federation) that the dog does not represent breeding value. Certificates from other clubs may raise questions at customs.
The certificate contains information about vaccinations by age. The last rabies vaccination must be given no earlier than a year and no later than two months before departure.
Quarantine phytosanitary requirements:
- seeds and planting material of agricultural, forest, flower and ornamental crops, plants and their parts (cuttings, scions, bulbs, rhizomes, tubers, roots, potted plants, flowers cuts, etc.);
- fresh vegetables, fruits, berries, and mushrooms;
- food, fodder and technical grain and products of its processing, copra, malt, flakes, bagasse, cotton fiber, flax and other spinning and fiber crops, medicinal plant material, hides and skins, wool;
- rice, nuts, peanuts, flour, cereals, coffee beans, cocoa beans, dried fruit and vegetables, tobacco, spices, tea, raw sugar;
- cultures of living fungi, bacteria, viruses, nematodes, mites, insects that are pathogens and carriers of plant diseases and damaging living plants, plant products;
- collections of insects, plant pathogens, herbaria, seed collections;
- plant enclosures in postal items, baggage, and cabin luggage;
- containers, timber, some industrial products, packaging materials, products made from plant materials, monoliths, soil samples;
- forage, hay, compound feed, and bedding when importing animals from quarantine zones.
The following cargoes and materials are subject to phytosanitary inspection and quarantine examination at border checkpoints:
In cases stipulated by the rules and regulations for ensuring plant quarantine, the import of consignments of quarantine plant products to the Russian Federation is allowed, if there is a phytosanitary certificate of the exporting country.
Phytosanitary certificates are not required when importing quarantine products of high phytosanitary risk (fruits, vegetables) in baggage and cabin luggage provided that the amount of such products does not exceed 5 kilograms, and there are no seeds (seed material), planting material, or potatoes.
According to the legislation of the Russian Federation, to prevent penetration of quarantine objects into or the spread over the territory of the Russian Federation, quarantine products can be removed, destroyed, or returned under the requirements of the officials of the state supervision agency in the manner established by the Government of the Russian Federation.
Exported quarantine plant products from Russia must meet the phytosanitary standards of international agreements on quarantine plants. Export is accompanied by phytosanitary certificates. All quarantine plant products must undergo the inspection, according to the results of which a phytosanitary certificate is issued. Phytosanitary control of exported goods is conducted in the places of initial shipment of these goods and at the airport for the second time.
Violation of the procedure for the import and export of quarantine products shall entail the imposition of an administrative fine under Article 10.2 of the Administrative Code of the Russian Federation.